SIMPLE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
A simple children’s favourite at Our Kids Mataki Way. I have parents asking me about this recipe regularly. Good for school boxes and very quick and easy to make. Can substitute blueberries with your child’s favourite fruit. Strawberry & banana is another favourite at the centre.
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- ¾ Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 120g Melted Butter
- Dash of Vanilla Essence
- 100g Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 160 fan. Grease muffin tray with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat/whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a kitchen spoon, just until ingredients combine. Be careful not to mix too vigorously.
- Spoon into muffin trays, be careful not overfill, allow batter to rise. Bake muffins for approximately 15-20 mins or until muffins are golden on top.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack to cool.
- If you have leftover muffins, store them, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freeze leftover muffins for up to 3 months.
Watch this space as we regularly post our favourite recipes we get requests for at our Mataki Way centre in Glen Eden. Have a look at our nutrition page to read about our meals at our centres in Glen Eden.
Chef at Our Kids Mataki Way
Talaat is a chef from Sydney, and has worked in numerous cities in Australia. Most recently he was head chef at Deco Titirangi. He is a father with two kids and currently the chef at our new Mataki Way centre.