This is an easy fun recipe to do with your kids on ANZAC day. Have a read of Anita’s post on making ANZAC Day meaningful for children for more ideas.
This recipe will make approximately 24 biscuits.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Cup Baker’s Flour
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 125 Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Tablespoons Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 160 fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine in a bowl all dry ingredients.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with the golden syrup over a low medium heat till mixture is well combined.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to the butter mixture in saucepan.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry till well combined.
- Roll mixture into small balls, and gently flatten. Place on the lined baking tray and bake for approximately 12 mins.
- Biscuits should have a bit of colour, and slightly soft to the touch.
- Place on a wire rack to cool afterwards, and the will firm up a bit.
Chef at Our Kids Mataki Way
Talaat is a chef from Sydney, and has worked in numerous cities in Australia. Most recently he was head chef at Deco Titirangi. He is a father with two kids and currently the chef at our new Mataki Way centre.